About This Course
School aggression is a dangerous phenomena of schools in 21th Century. It is important to investigate the problem with scientific methods, and with international cooperation.
The aims of the course are:
- to create a collaborative research group to explore the characteristics of school aggression.
- to examine connections between the school climate and the school aggression.
- to collect the effective methods to reduce school aggression.
- to build up an international network of the topic,
- to study the theoretical approach and research the practice
Learning outcomes and requirements
- understand the phenomena of school aggression
- see the connections between school climate, school aggression and conflict management strategy
- work out and use research methods to study these phenomena
- collect evidence data of school climate, school aggression and good practices of conflict management strategies
- publication of the results
- establish an international network on the topics
Activities within the course
- All the outcomes are based on collaborative group products, each group member has to participate in group activities (at least 5 blog comments and write to reviews)
- Review studies of the literature in the proposed research areas/topics (school climate, school aggression and conflict management.
- Discussion on how the research will be executed.
- Research plan
- Collected data by participants of different countries
- Analysed data
- Presentations of the research results on Webinar
- What are the characteristics of school climate?
- Which factors of school climate can relate to school aggression?
- What is the phenomenon of school aggression?
- Who is the aggressor, who is the victim?
- How can teachers reduce the level of school aggression?
Ph.D. students, experienced teachers from elementary and secondary schools, students of in service teacher’s training programs , and students of teacher’s training programs
- week 1: Introduction, who is who, each participant reads English introduction and motivation letters of other participants, and each member introduces himself personally on Webinar
- week 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6: Basic theoretical framework of the research
- the group members get a short descriptions and literatures abut next topic
- Safety teaching and learning
- Interpersonal relations of school
- Institutional environment of school
- Leadership and relationship of the staff
- What is aggression
- Phenomena of school aggression
- Aggressors and victims
- How to reduce school aggression
- Prevention school aggression
- Conflict management in school
- Good practices
- Suggested subgroups according to topics: - school climate - school aggression - conflict management
- week 7: Literature review studies of the literature, and will present the rewiewe at an e-Conference on webinar.
- week 8: Selection of suitable methods to research these topics, and discuss with other group members on webinar
- week 9: Discusses about the sample selection procedure and the sampling framework
- week 10: Discusses about the data analysis process and what the proposed analysis methods that would be used are
- week 11, 12, 13: Data collection and data analyses by participating countries
- week 14: Presentations of the research results on Webinar
Dr. Maria Dávid
Dr. Magdolna Varga Estefan
This research group will use different working methods, with frequent collaboration of group members. Empirical data collection will be organized on local level.
To whom this applies: Neptun Code is NOP_PS011K5